Friday, May 29, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature a Saved M.O.M.. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Christian Mommy Writer (CMW). CMW is a military wife, stay at home mom, aspiring freelance writer and a dedicated volunteer.

CMW came to know the Lord at the age of 15. She had some friends in high school that were living for God and she wanted to experience the happiness and peace that they had. She was going to church at that time, but didn’t know what it meant to be saved. CMW explains, “So on one Sunday morning at church, I went to the altar call and asked what I needed to do to be saved. The Pastor immediately got excited and prayed the Sinner’s Prayer with me. I felt brand new and I was happy that I was guaranteed a trip to heaven.”

Like so many of us she eventually backslid as she grew into young adulthood and college. She says, “I wanted to live life according to my own terms, but I always felt convicted when I did wrong.” Her sophomore year in college, she met an ordained minister. He was a blessing to her in many ways. He helped her to get her life back on track with God and introduced her to the man that would later become her husband.

After several years of working as a Public Health professional, the Lord called her from the workplace to the ministry of being a stay at home mommy. CMW shared, “It has been one of the most rewarding, but challenging things I have ever done. Being a Saved M.O.M. gives me a different perspective with parenting. When I get stressed or overwhelmed, I know that God can give me peace and answers on how to handle different situations with my toddler. He created my son and it gives me peace to know that I can go straight to the Creator for answers.”

As a Saved M.O.M, she understands that she can never underestimate the impact that her life will have, not only on others, but to her own child as well. She explained, “It’s time out for the old saying, “Do as I say, not as I do.” The bible tells us in Matthew 5:16 to, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Because of the light that was shining from my high school classmates and college friends, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I learned that it was possible to live saved. I also learned that with God, life has more meaning and purpose. I plan to spend the rest of my life fulfilling the plan that God has designed for my life.”

Christian Mommy Writer plans to publish books on Christian Living. She currently uses her gift of writing through a blog called Reflections from a Christian Mommy Writer. She blogs about mommy hood, Christian living, military life and health issues. She closed by stating, “I really enjoy blogging and it gives me a chance to meet and be a blessing to many people that I would have never otherwise met.” Check out Christian Mommy Writer at www.christianmommywriter.blogspot.com.

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring CMW as your Feature Friday! It's awesome to hear about how the Lord shines in her life!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kennisha

Jerrold said...

I like the Friday joints... reading real-life Christian mommie bios is a great motivator.

One thing... can you help me find "A Sinners Prayer?" What's the scrip?

BTW, there is a blogging conference coming to ATL specifically for women of color. I'll tweet cha..

MOMSWEB said...

This interview was a blessing and it was wonderful getting to know CMW a little better.