Monday, June 1, 2009

Night Time Flame

Good day ladies! I pray that all of you had a wonderfully blessed weekend. Is it just me or do they always seem to fly by? So today I need to talk about something that has been on my mind. I wasn’t sure as to how you all would receive it, but I have to be obedient and follow the way in which I am led. Here goes…

Some of us have figured out the art juggling the role of motherhood and keeping the flame lit in the bedroom, but there are so many of us that haven’t. I mean after being superwoman all day, how does one gain the energy to slip out of the superwoman cape into the sheets of desire and affection? It amazes me when I hear some mothers talk about how their flame never goes out. I’m like what energy drink are you drinking and where in the world can I find it! My day starts around 6:30 am and in the course of a day I… prepare hubby’s breakfast and lunch, have much needed spiritual time, clean, work from home, take care of our son, run errands, cook, blog, work out and handle the “unexpected’s” of the day. By night time all I want to do is just collapse into the bed. But then I turn over and see that sparkle in his eye.

What we must realize is that we have to keep our priorities in order. Remember the order goes God first, family second, ministry third, then all else follows. So many times we want to be superwoman, but we need to take time to really enjoy our families. Our days here on earth are but a few (“for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow” Job 8:9), so we should spend this time cherishing moments with the ones we love the most. I mean does it really matter if laundry gets put off another day or two or if we have left over’s sometimes? We must take care of the “help meet” that God has blessed us with, for we were designed for this task. “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” (Genesis 2:18). So why don’t you take some time out tonight to light the flame without being prompted by the “sparkle in his eye.”

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen girl! It's all about priorities! It's been on my heart to write an article similar to this post. Sometimes we just have to close the laptop, turn off the ringers, turn the TV off and really have some QT with our husbands. It really helps keep things in perspective and most importantly God's order! It's something we're all learning!

Awesome post!

Love, Hugs and Prayers,
Kennisha

Tonya said...

Preach!

Sometimes we have to really look at our schedules and figure out what can wait and what is important for right now.

I know this post will hit home with many women, myself included! :-)