Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. Every night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of “Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child” by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “I thank God for being a strength and shield to you. Your heart shall trust in the Lord, and you will be helped. Your heart will leap for joy, and you will give thanks to him in song.” In reflection of this passage I want to use this blog entry to give thanks and praise to my Father, the only wise God! I thank the Lord for all of his grace and mercy. Sometimes we get so caught up and don’t take time out to just say thanks. We are not worthy on our merit or good works alone. It is only because of the True and Living God that we have salvation and everlasting life. “The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.” (Exodus 15:2). Thank You Jesus! That’s why I love Him like I do. This is what we must teach our children. They too should praise and worship Him in all His glory.

So often I get excited when I think about what God has done in our lives. We were once bound by lives of sin and recklessness and now look at us. I could do a praise dance right now just thinking back all of the mess He brought me out of. I am going to take some time to fall on my knees once again and reverence and honor our Heavenly King. Will you join me in this moment of praise and worship?

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: