Thursday, June 25, 2009

Multi-Tasking

Is it just me or are mothers the best multi-taskers in the world? It’s so incredible when you consider just how much a mother does on a daily basis. I truly believe that the Lord uniquely designed us to get many tasks accomplished with time and energy to spare.

I was just sitting here a moment ago thinking about all that I have accomplished this week. I must say that I immediately got tired just thinking about it. Then, I consider the task of a single mother. As many of you all know, for many years, my mother was a single mom. Now, being a mother myself, I think back on that time period in pure amazement and awe. How did she do it with energy to spare and with her sanity in tact? It had to be by the strength and peace of the Lord. The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.” (Psalm 29:11). I have to take this time to give a standing ovation to the single mothers out there. I really did just stand and clap for you precious queens! Seriously ladies, you deserve so much respect and reverence for all that you do on a daily basis.

The Lord gives us strength and energy to achieve all of the things that he wants us to achieve. We all get tired, but let’s not get weary in the midst of it all. “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:9). I am totally preaching to myself today! In addition to seeking the Lord for strength we must also use wisdom. We need to get adequate rest (7+ hrs/night), exercise, eat healthy and take the right multivitamins. In addition to feeling better on a daily basis, you will also reduce your risks for suffering with many diseases and be less likely to become obese. To all my Saved M.O.M.’s, go ahead and flap your superwoman cape, you deserve it!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: