Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. Every night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of “Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child” by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Monday’s passage read, “May the Holy Spirit give you the understanding that Jesus is the vine and you are the branch. If you are in him you will bear much fruit.” I really like this passage and it definitely spoke to my spirit. As believers we should all bear abundant and abounding fruit. I was talking to my husband just a few days ago and I said to him, “Baby do you realize that we produce really good fruit together?” I was filled with utter and complete joy in that moment. I had an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness and happiness knowing that we have planted good seeds and we are reaping a wonderful harvest.

It’s so important that our children see that we produce good fruit. When they understand that Jesus is the vine and we are the branches they too will bear much fruit. We should explain to them that it is only through Jesus Christ that we have the opportunity to produce an everlasting fruit; fruit that will never die. Apart from him there is nothing that we can do and “truly” succeed. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5). Remember to stay encouraged and ask yourself, “Are my seeds producing good and plentiful fruit?”

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).
Mommie Blessings,
Shonte' Press

No comments: