Monday, June 29, 2009

Show Love Now

In wake of recent celebrity deaths and recent death in my husband’s family, I want to stress the importance of showing love now. We must take this opportunity to show love and appreciation to those that are near and dear to us while we can. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, but one thing is certain, our time here on earth doesn’t last forever. “Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble. He springs up like a flower and withers away; like a fleeting shadow, he does not endure.” (Job 14:1-2).

I find myself thinking about the moments I chose to spend time with my loved ones instead of doing the “things” that I thought I really needed to do, that didn’t involve my loved ones. When I reflect on these moments, I have no regrets at all. It’s so often that we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of work, errands, appointments, and arrangements. Although, when you consider the “big picture,” is it really necessary that we stress ourselves out with unnecessary busyness? Consider the side effects of it all; it only leads to missed opportunities with loved ones, tiredness, and the stress can manifest into disease.

I am not saying that we don’t need to handle our business, but what I am saying is that we should be sure to have a good balance and spend time with those that we love and not get caught up in being busy. We must also remember to make sure that the time with those that we love is quality time, not just moments of physical closeness lacking in emotional connectivity. We need to show our children the importance of loving each other now, while we can so we don’t raise another generation that’s too busy to make necessary connections. Remember, they are the ones that we are raising to make a brighter day by leading exemplary lives. This reminds me of a song from my distant past, “We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones who make a brighter day, so let’s start giving.”

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: