Thursday, June 11, 2009

Coming Into My Own

There were so many topics that I wanted to write about today, but I had to narrow it down to one. I thank God that I am finally “coming into my own.” For so many years I searched and prayed for direction and clarity. The Lord has been slowly revealing His will for my life. If you asked me 10 years ago where I would be today I probably would have said undoubtedly, “I will be a successful actress, living in New York, living the sexy and single life and loving it!” Wow, I am so far from that, but it’s so wonderful that God knows best and that he orders our steps.

We often wonder what our purpose is and what the future holds. What I have come to learn is that if we TOTALLY surrender ourselves to Him, things will work out in His most excellent harmony. I have no doubt that I will have all things that my heart desires – just in His timing. “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4). I have learned to be patient and not put time restraints on God. How awful it would be for Him to grant me the desires of my heart before I am truly ready to receive them. Father really does know best.

As I have written before, I never knew that I would have embarked upon the wonderful calling of motherhood when I did, but praise God that I did. For if I had not been obedient and allowed His will to be done in this area this ministry would not yet have been birthed. You would not be reading the words on this page and I might not have started to “come into my own.” Thank you Lord for speaking to me and leading me. So the next time that you think that things are not going the way that you would have planned, consider the words written on this page.

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Shonte! Awesome post!!!

Love, Hugs and Prayers,
Kennisha =)