Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. Every night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of “Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child” by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “I thank God that you will keep our commands, and you will not forsake the law of your mother. Wherever you walk, they will guide you; whenever you rest, they will guard you; when you wake up, they will tell you what’s next.” This makes me think of how wonderful it is to have a mother that is leading you in His way according to His word and His will. Being a mother is not always an easy task, but it is one that the Lord saw fit for us to have. So many times I have wondered how much pain and disappointment I would have been spared if I only listened to my mother more. She was trying to lead and guide me the “right” way, but I didn’t see it that way at the time.

It is imperative that we keep His commands so that we can rear up children that keep His commands. In order to do so we must know the Commandments and stay in His word. I have been working on reading and studying more frequently. It’s amazing that we have time for EVERYTHING else, but when it’s “Word” time we fall short. I’m preaching to myself as well! Let’s make a decision to study, read and meditate on the word daily. “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” (Joshua 1:8). Even if it’s just for 5 minutes that’s okay, just make sure it’s 5 minutes of quality time with Him.

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: