Thursday, June 18, 2009

Work it Out

Why oh why is it so hard to stay on a steady workout regiment? I have been really trying to stay true and committed to my workout routine, but I seem to be falling short on my weekly goal! This can get a bit frustrating at times considering that I want to stay healthy, toned and fit plus look great for my hubby. I recently spoke with a stay at home mother of six (all under the age of 10) who owns and operates two businesses and somehow manages to do an intense workout at the gym 3-5 times per week. In my mind I am like, “How in the world do you do this?” By the way, she looks FABULOUS!

So, I wake up every morning with plans to exercise after my devotion time. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. Then, if I miss the morning workout then I shoot for making up for it in the afternoon, which hardly ever happens. I feel that I would do so much better if I had a good workout buddy/accountability partner. I know that if I am accountable to someone other than myself and meet with a workout buddy consistently, my weekly goal would almost always be met. Although, I realize that instead of depending on man to give me the motivation that I need, I can depend on God. He will always be there, he will always be on time, and he will give me the strength to endure. “You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! (Psalm 68:35). Today I declare that I will be more consistent in my workout plan and get strength from the Lord on the days that I feel like slacking.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: