Friday, June 26, 2009

Feature Friday

Good Day to all of the Saved M.O.M.’s out there! Today is Feature Friday, as you all know. Once again I am led to do things a little differently in this entry. I would like to take a moment to feature a Saved DAD today. The Saved DAD that I am featuring is my loving husband, Mr. Jason Press! Normally, in a feature entry I would talk about a person’s walk with the Lord, their call to salvation, and what being a saved parent means to them, but I am not following that format today. I want to take time to give my husband the recognition that he deserves.

It is vitally important to be in covenant with a supportive spouse as we walk through the roads of life and parenthood. If it were not for Jason’s humbleness, patience, understanding, and support I wouldn’t be able to do all that I do. He is so very supportive in all of my endeavors, especially when it comes to the Saved M.O.M. ministry. I find so often that men have problems with their wives being in positions of leadership and try to stifle their growth and development in those areas. In my situation, it’s the complete opposite. Jason is so real with me and often serves as an adviser to a lot of what goes on behind the scenes of my ministry. He helps me to grow and develop into who God has called me to be and what He has called me to do.

It is also important that we have wise counsel, especially when it comes to the business of God’s Kingdom. For the word tells us, “Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.” (Proverbs 19:20). Jason has given me great advice and instruction and has an uncanny level of patience with me. He allows the Lord to use him in such a way that helps me produce good fruit. He is like my sunshine and water all wrapped into one and we are both planted in the soil of the Lord.

I mustn’t overshadow the fact that he is also an AWESOME and AMAZING father. He leads our son down the path of righteousness and fathers him with a love that could only come from above. There are so many young men that don’t have the opportunity to see good Godly examples of what God intended for them to be. So I thank God for giving us Jason to exemplify his love and serve as our covering. Thank you darling for your patience, your loving nature, your support, and for being everything we need and more!

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: