Monday, January 11, 2010

Blessed to Be...

Good day to all of you wonderfully made beautiful people! I am extremely elated as I sit down to write today. Over the weekend I celebrated my birthday and enjoyed some much needed fellowship with some of the people I love the most! Thanks to all of you that made this one of my best birthdays thus far. I love you all more than words or actions could ever express. Thank You!

As a child I hated the fact that my birthday was in winter and so close to the holidays. It always seemed as though my friends that had summer birthdays had so many more options than me when it came to celebrating. I could never partake in celebrating outdoors like they could; no pool parties, no amusement parks and no trips to the beach. Also, having a birthday so close to the holidays meant that people were often tired and running low on cash when my birthday came.

Now that I have grown and matured, I can truly say that I appreciate my birthday exactly where it falls on the calendar. It gives me the opportunity to celebrate triple new beginnings; the birth of Jesus, the beginning of a new year on the calendar and the beginning of a new year in my life! Talk about triple blessings!

My birthday weekend got off to a rough start and I let stress and frustration overtake me. Then I had to take a few deep breaths and reflect on the many blessings that I have to be thankful and grateful for. I thank God for the blessings that He promised us in Deuteronomy 28. He explained that if we obey Him and His commandments we will be blessed in many ways. It’s amazing how we can let a shift in circumstances disrupt our joy in a matter of minutes. As children of the Most High God, we must remember that according to Isaiah 54:17 no weapon that is formed against us shall prosper. Then proclaim that “…we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” (Romans 8:37). So the next time you feel that shift coming in, take a few deep breaths and meditate on those scriptures. Then you will be able to smile and bask in the joy of the Lord.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: