Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Sunday’s passage read, “I pray for the Lord to bless your skills and be pleased with the work of your hands. I thank God for creating a desire in you to work, to do something useful with your own hands so you may have something to share with those in need.” Immediately after reading this passage I started to reflect on a dismal moment that I recently experienced. As we know, during our faith walk we are sometimes attacked in our minds. Well, as I laid in bed a few days ago I was overcome with feelings of worthlessness and negativity. I started to feel as though I wasn’t good enough and that my contribution here on earth was miniscule at best. Soon thereafter I started to pray to God regarding these feelings and I talked to my husband about it as well.

At that very moment my husband began to minister life to me. He started showing me just how important my life and ministry are. I began to remind myself that we were ALL placed on earth with a divine purpose and with the necessary skill set needed to carry out that purpose. This makes me think of something that Moses said as he blessed the tribes in the book of Deuteronomy, “Bless all his skills, O LORD, and be pleased with the work of his hands. Smite the loins of those who rise up against him; strike his foes till they rise no more." (Deuteronomy 33:11). Today I want each of you to know that God has placed greatness on the inside of you. You were born with a purpose for your life and whenever the enemy starts to attack you just remember, “…When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19).

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: