Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Monday’s passage read, “I embrace you with God’s love that is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. May God give you the grace to love Him because He first loved you. I embrace you as God embraces us, and I embrace Him who sent you.” For the last few months now I have been doing my very best to walk in love on a level that I haven’t before. The word love is mentioned over 600 times in the bible, which is a direct indication that love is a very important part of our daily walk. In John 15:9-12 Jesus said, “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”

Now as parents we have an unconditional love for our children that words can’t even begin to express. How awesome would it be if we could love everyone in this way? I feel that this is what God wants us to strive for; for us to love each other unconditionally and without fail, no matter what. Especially when we don’t feel like it. Not only should we strive to love others in the way that Jesus loves us, but we must teach our children to do the same. I am proclaiming my part in a Love Revolution! Will you stand with me in doing so?

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: