Monday, January 4, 2010

Four Days In

Good day to all of you! It’s so wonderful to enjoy the blessing of another year and another week in the life of... Over the holidays I had the opportunity to spend time with some of the people I love the most. Thanks to my beautiful family and friends for such a wonderful 2009! I’m happy to say that my birthday is quickly approaching and I can’t believe that I am almost… Did you really think that I was going to tell you? LOL!


As we say hello to another year, there are many people that are four days into their resolutions, but will they really last all year long? There is so much controversy over the whole New Years Resolution issue. I don’t necessarily agree with New Years Resolutions. I believe that we should make an effort all year long to improve upon ourselves. Now, don’t get me wrong, it is absolutely wonderful for people to make the decision to progress and to put a plan in motion to do so. I just don’t agree that we have to wait until January 1st to make this happen. We should definitely improve ourselves physically, mentally, financially, and emotionally. Although, it’s most important that we improve upon ourselves spiritually.


We all have been blessed with gifts that must be perfected. Just as Timothy was instructed in 1 Timothy 4 “14Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. 15Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.”

So as we take time to better ourselves in other areas, let’s not neglect our spiritual growth and development. Now most research shows that it takes about 21 to 28 days to form a habit. So let’s check in at the beginning of February to see how those resolutions are panning out. Be diligent and pray often and I’m sure you will succeed.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: