Friday, January 22, 2010

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I have to preface this post with a bit information for you to chew on. The following interview was completed over 2 weeks ago. Then a series of unfortunate events occurred, which kept the feature from getting posted. I am assuming that this young lady is destined to touch many with her walk and something greater was keeping her feature from the masses. So, without further ado, I present to you Mrs. Elise Wilder. Elise currently resides in Atlanta, GA. She is a devoted wife and the mother of an adorable baby boy. She is extremely active at Free Chapel working with the Prayer Ministry, assisting in the Youth Ministry, distributing food to those in need and serving as Small Group attendee and co-lead with her husband.

Elise grew up going to church with her aunt and was baptized during her childhood. As she grew older she started to stray away from living a submitted life unto the Lord. She recalled, “Once I returned home from undergraduate studies, I found myself feeling like I needed something… at this moment of my life I knew something was truly missing. The Lord guided me to do something that would change my life - I began attending Lincoln Avenue’s (in Pasadena, CA) Bible Study, only. The members would ask me to attend Sunday Service but I knew in my heart that the Lord wanted me to maintain this process. All of my life, my involvement in church was just that… pure involvement. I was not serving the Lord because I did not know Him as my personal Savior and Lord.” Elise began to build her spiritual foundation on God’s word instead of getting caught up in the “busyness” of church. She said, “This would cause me to serve the Lord and not man. This walk was very difficult because many of my fellow Christians did not understand and did not agree with excluding Sunday Service from this way of fellowship.” After some time of purely seeking God and His word she started to attend Sunday service as well. Later the Lord led Elise to move to Iowa and there her prayer life grew and she started to seek the Lord on a much deeper level. Elise explained, “I never thought I would ever witness this kind of love but I am so happy that He loves me so much.”

When asked what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her Elise stated, “Being a Saved Mommie On a Mission means various things to me. As a believer it means; God is my Father and Jesus is my Lord & Savior sent to save my life. Through the gift of Salvation, the Lord has given me Eternal Life with Him during this journey, that the Lord has given me. I rely on Him to guide me and to give me strength to be obedient to His purpose for me.” Then Elise went on to explain, “As a Mommie On a Mission (M.O.M.) it means; The Lord has given me an assignment to care for the gift He gave me in my child (and future children). He has given me the responsibility and provided me the wisdom to train up my child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6). The Lord has given me the freedom to choose life or death, blessing or cursing… I choose life that both my child and I may live. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20). The Lord has given me the spirit to pray for others. I am lead to place requested at His feet that He will help us as mommies (and our children) to live for Him. (Colossians 1).

Elise’s favorite scripture is I Samuel 30:6 “Now David was greatly distressed … But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.” (NKJV). Elise wanted to leave our M.O.M.’s with these words… “The Lord has blessed us with wisdom and passion to carry out our mommy duties. And He has given us all talents and skills that we utilize throughout our lives to give Him glory. “Mommies, your children arise up, and call you blessed; your husband also, and he praiseth you.” (Proverbs 31:28). Elise states her life mission as follows, “My mission is to not only edify/exhort others but to educate/teach hurting, misunderstood people to encourage themselves in the Lord and recover all through the Lord’s power. This in turn will encourage the ability to live the life that is directed by the Lord. (I Samuel 30).”

Elise is currently collecting childrens items to aid an orphanage in Haiti. If you have items that you would like to donate please email me at info@savedmom.com. Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: