Friday, January 29, 2010

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am elated to say that this Feature Friday post is dedicated to Mrs. Pearl Sullivan. Mrs. Sullivan currently resides in Lanham, MD. She is a devoted wife and mother of three God-ordained daughters whom are very active in ministry. She partners with her husband in pastoral ministry at the New Beginnings Church of God of Prophecy in Lanham, MD and she has been blessed to have the oversight and/or serve in various ministries of the local church.

Mrs. Sullivan came to know the Lord by way of one of her coworkers many years ago. She recalled, “I met her and two other Christians at my place of employment. One of them smugly questioned me concerning the length of my skirt. At that time in my life, my motto was “show all you can while you can.” I angrily approached the other Christian asking her what she had to say about my skirt and she replied, “Nothing, if that’s what you like.” That knocked the steam right out of me. She remained an effective witness, and I eventually accepted her invitation to a Tuesday night prayer meeting.” Mrs. Sullivan decided to accept her co-workers invitation to church. She went on to say, “When it was time to pray I told her I did not know how to pray. She said, “Just say Jesus.” O my, did something happen to me. Everything she witnessed to me concerning Jesus became alive in my mind and in my body. I saw Him, not personified but I saw Him and he showed me—me. Realizing my condition, I cried aloud “Jesus save me” and He did. Sidebar: I was wearing that mini skirt!”

When asked what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her Mrs. Sullivan stated, “That I have been highly favored and commissioned to bring forth words and deeds that will nurture and sustain our children in their life’s journey.” Her favorite scriptures are John 6:67-69… “Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.” After sharing this she said, “My resolve is, no matter what may or may not transpire in my life, I am committed; there is nowhere else for me to go. I am sure and I believe.”

A part of Mrs. Sullivan’s testimony relates to the trials and tribulations she faced in bringing forth life. She explained, “I cried, ached, and prayed to God for a child that I could not seem to have. God spoke to me and told me that I would have a child but I must confess during the process of time I lost faith but God was merciful and I realized His word as spoken in Numbers 23:19. “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” Praise God that six years into marriage her first child was born. Then the second child came (unplanned) twenty-two months later. After the birth of her second child God spoke to her again that she would have three daughters in total. Five years later the third child was born. She said, “I love them all dearly and it is such a blessing to see them used by God. Oh, they have their “break your mama’s heart” moments but mama’s peace is—they are ordained of God.”

Mrs. Sullivan wanted to leave these words of wisdom with our mothers, ““Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” (Proverbs 18:21). Moms, we have the authority to speak good and positive things into the lives of all our children. Let’s Do It!” She also shared, “I know the pangs of life and the feelings of “why me.” I have found that in the midst of all the stuff that I endure and all the mistakes I have made, God loves me, right where I am. God loves us and I am commissioned by Him to share this truth. God has birthed in me a “back to the basics” ministry approach. No matter how complicated life’s situations are, the basic truths of God’s word will deliver us from all of them.”

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: