Friday, March 12, 2010

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am delighted to say that this Feature Friday post is dedicated to Charleah. This beautiful woman is a devoted wife and the mother of three amazing sons. She is currently working alongside her husband in his medical practice and leading a Christian book club. When asked what her passion is, Charleah simply stated, “I absolutely love being a mom. If I could turn back the hands of time I would’ve had more children and enjoyed motherhood all over again.” She also enjoys quilting and other forms of arts and crafts. This creates a strong sense of peace for her and has allowed her the opportunity to fellowship with other mothers who enjoy finding solace in quilting as well.

When I asked Charleah how and when she came to know the Lord she shared, “I can remember that my husband received salvation and kept bugging me and getting on my nerves about getting saved. I went to church with him on a regular basis, but the day that I received salvation he wasn’t present.” She went on to talk about how she knew that it was truly God that moved inside of her on this day. She recalled, “It was September of 1999 and my middle child did not go to children’s church on this day because he had a fever and wasn’t feeling well. At the time of alter call I jumped up and left my sick son in the pulpit to answer the call.” She knew that it was a move of God because she would not have left her sick son under any other circumstance. Her oldest son received salvation on that same day as well and they were both baptized together a few weeks later!

I asked Charleah what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her and she said, “It gives you direction and a peace about life. In being a mom, it helps me to get through. Being a Saved M.O.M. gives you patience and peace and helps you give your children the right direction.” Her favorite scripture is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

Charleah wanted to leave some words of advice to all of our mothers. For all of our married mothers she said, “Love your husband for who he is and not for who you want him to be.” She went on to say, “Always love your kids no matter what and pray over them everyday. You can never give up on your children. Also, you must tithe, it’s a commandment and it will come back to you. Tithing is so important!”

I know Charleah very well and she is truly living out her Mommie Mission! I am so blessed to have her in my life. Thanks Charleah for simply being you! Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: