Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “The Lord has examined you. He knows all about you. He knows when you sit down and when you get up. He knows your thoughts before you think them. He knows where you will go and where you will lie down. He knows thoroughly everything you will do. May He keep you under the protection of His wings.” This passage led me through a series of thoughts pertaining to our personality traits including both our strengths and weaknesses. I can remember times past where I thought to myself, “Why did God make me this way? Why am I so emotional? Why am I so anal retentive? Why do I have so many flaws?”

Then one day I had this great epiphany that our strengths and weaknesses are a part of who we are and God made us this way for a reason. He knew us before he formed us in our mothers womb and everything within us has purpose. “In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,” (Ephesians 1:11).

As stated before, I am very emotional, but this trait allows me to empathize and sympathize with others very well and helps me show compassion to others in their times of need. We often think of our “weaknesses” as something negative, but if we search ourselves and pray for understanding, God can show us how these traits can be used to help others. “Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding,” (Proverbs 3:13). So the next time that you or your child exhibits a trait that you would consider to be negative, seek understanding and find a way to use that trait in a positive way.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: