Friday, July 17, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the lovely world of motherhood! As most of you know on Fridays we take time to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to First Lady Christina Murray. She currently resides in Douglasville, Georgia. Christina is truly a beauty to behold, both inside and out. She serves as First Lady to Pastor Anthony Murray at Oasis Family Life Church in Hiram, GA.

Christina came to know the Lord at a young age. Although, it wasn’t until her teen years, that she received salvation. She shared, “Well as a small child God was always a hot topic with my grandmother, but as a young teenager was when I actually knew Him for myself.”

When I asked First Lady Christina what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her, she exclaimed, “It means the world!” She went on to say, “Without my “Daddy” I could not be the mother that I am today! He keeps me strong, loving and patient. Without Him my girls could not have a role-model. My hope and prayers are that my daughters see the life I live and the mother that I am and understand that it is only through our father in Heaven that it is possible. Her favorite scripture is Matthew 6:25. She explained, “It talks about worrying. Sometimes in life, the simple reality of what is happening can get you in a panic mode, but this scripture has always helped me to understand how important I am to my Father that He would never forsake me.”

I asked Christina if she wanted to leave any words of encouragement with our readers and she shared, “The funny thing is that I wonder sometimes how I make it…. I still would not trade my life for anything in the world. There is such a beauty that a mother carries. I consider it an honor and a priveledge each and everyday! Cherish the life God has placed before you and enjoy every moment. There is no real handbook for mothers, but the one thing I can say is that I am a true “Daddy’s Girl” and my Father has never let me down. Keep your heart open so He can continue to fill it and stay strong! Mothers have the most important job in the world! We are the ones who bring forth greatness into this world!”

First Lady Christina wants everyone to know that she is so thankful that God has blessed her with being able to have a beautiful church with so many other spiritual sons and daughters at Oasis! She lives everyday of her life for each and every one of them! God has also blessed her with a wonderful career in Real Estate. She works for Coldwell Banker and has been in the real estate business for 8 years. If you are in the metro Atlanta Area and need real estate assistance you can contact her at Christina.Murray@coldwellbankeratlanta.com.

She closed the interview by sharing, “I am also honored and proud of launching “Christina’s Closet” which is a ministry that provides hope and encouragement to women who may need some form of assistance in reaching their business goals and careers. Many women have lost jobs or do not have the finances to purchase business attire, accessories, briefcases, shoes, etc. that they may need for interviews or new corporate jobs. Many women have been assisted in this area and our goal is to also find job placement for serious and dedicated women ready for a new level in their lives.” Praise God for this beautiful woman of God!

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Be sure to subscribe on the website.

Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: