Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thinking Out Loud

Good day to all, I am praying that each and every one of you have days filled with peace and joy! So today I need to think out loud for a moment and ask for your advice/assistance with one of my most recent visions. As most of you know, yesterdays post was about helping the poor. Well, during church service last night a vision for a homeless ministry hit me like a ton of bricks.

The vision is as follows… I would like to coordinate passing out brown bag lunches to homeless mothers and their children and minister the love of God to them as well. I would want to start off by partnering with my church and establishing a group of volunteers there. We would meet on Saturday morning once or twice per month and each person would bring items to contribute to the lunch (sandwich meat, bread, fruit, etc…). Once we put all of the bags together we would “hit the streets” passing out the meals and sharing the word of God.

I need help in coordinating this project. Do any of you all know how I can locate local homeless women and children in my area? What about getting local stores to donate items for the sack lunches? I have never coordinated a project quite like this one before, therefore, I need help. Just as my pastor was preaching on last night, “there will always be provision for the vision.” It’s so wonderful that the Lord is placing so many visions in me at this time. I just have to seek Him more on showing me how to see them all come to pass. I don’t want to overextend myself, but I do want to do everything that He has called me to do. “For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10). I thank God in advance for giving me the strength and resources to see His will be done.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).
Mommie Blessings,
Shonte’ Press

No comments: