Monday, July 20, 2009

Judgmental

Good day to all! What a beautiful weekend and a beautiful start to a lovely week. I recently had a conversation with a good friend about people prematurely passing judgment on others. It’s so often that we can be judgmental about so many different things. I find myself saying from time to time that only God can judge us. Although, when I sit back and reflect on my thoughts and allow myself to be totally transparent, I too can be judgmental at times. I try to shrug it off as just stating fact, but in reality I have to work on not judging things, people and situations the way that I do.

Most times that I verbalize my judgmental thoughts, my husband immediately checks me. Then I either realize that he’s right or I get defensive. As with all things, in these moments I should consider what God says about it. The word tells us in Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”

We really have to constantly renew our minds. Our thoughts rule and govern us and this is why we have to win the battle in our minds first. I am currently reading Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers. This book is truly helping me to transform into an even better me. It’s great to constantly improve upon ourselves. Not only does it help us grow, but doing so equips us with what we need to effectively show our children what they should and should not do. Just think about how well we can prepare them for life if we take the steps now to develop into what God has called us to be. I am making every effort to stop passing judgment because there is only one true judge of all, God our father.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Be sure to subscribe on the website.

Mommie Blessings,
Shonte’ Press

No comments: