Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. Every night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of “Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child” by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “I acknowledge that God has entrusted you to our care, and I pray that you will listen to His laws! Then you will have peace flowing like a gentle river, and great waves of righteousness.” This month’s passages are centered on peace. It’s so funny that when I sat to type out this entry my peace was SCREAMING out loud. I have had a few personal challenges this morning that have rendered me quite frustrated. When I think about the things that I have allowed to get me frustrated, I realize that they are so petty.

Why is it that we allow little innocent children to disrupt our peaceful nature? The word tells us, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7). This just ministered to me in such a profound way. So, in my moments in which I am lacking peace, I should pray and petition with thanksgiving and present my request to God. Wow! It’s so amazing that all the answers are truly in God’s word. I knew some of what to do in these moments, but never the complete instruction as it is given in the word. Thank you, Lord, for revealing this to me in such a wonderful way.

This entry really blessed me as you saw it unfold before my very eyes. Thanks for sharing in this experience with me today. I already feel better. It is my prayer that this blessed you just as much as it blessed me!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: