Monday, July 27, 2009

Kid Free Date

Good morning to all of my awesome and spectacularly wonderful readers! Wow, can you tell that Saved M.O.M. is in a good mood this morning. I’m so elated that it’s a start to yet another week and I have another opportunity to bless others and be blessed. So, in all honesty I am also super excited because hubby and I had a KID FREE DATE!!!

Life after children presents so many new and different experiences. One of these experiences being a gross lack of Kid Free Dates a.k.a. KFD. Look at that, I made yet another acronym all on my own. Yes, I know that I am super giddy today, but it’s time for you all to see another side to Saved M.O.M. We all need a break from the “deepness” sometimes. So it’s time to share the details… on Saturday afternoon my mother in law decided to take The Kid a.k.a. TK for the afternoon. Immediately after the door closed and TK was out of site, mommy screamed “Whoo Hoo!” Now my hubby said that I should have waited until they were out of the drive way, but I am sure that my M.O.M.’s out there that need a break sometimes can TOTALLY understand. There is no reason for us to feel bad about being excited for a few hours of some much needed Free Time a.k.a. FT. Okay, I know the acronyms are getting a little out of hand. I will try to calm it down a notch.

Hubby and I decided to go on an inexpensive date (remember Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover is in full effect). Yup, you guessed it, Chile’s 2 for $20! It was worth every penny of it too, appetizer, 2 entrees’s, and desert for less than a tank of gas. Wow, how about that! We were actually stuffed afterwards with left overs to spare. It was just like Life Before Kiddies a.k.a. LBK! OKAY, last one I promise. We had a nice quiet evening with just the two of us gazing into each others eyes and actually enjoying our meal with no interruptions.

In the midst of being the wonderful parents that we all are, we must take time out for us. We all need to be rejuvenated and renew our minds on a regular basis. In addition to renewing our minds in a restful way we should also renew our minds in a spiritual way. The word tells us, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2). Go ahead and take a much needed break ASAP (I didn’t make that one up so it doesn’t count)!


Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Amen!

I totally agree. Married couples with kids should make a habit of regularly dating, without the kids in tow. We have to work at keeping a strong foundation for our marriage relationships and it helps not only us, but our kids too!

Glad you had a great date.

Unknown said...

I think date nights are really important in a marriage and it doen't have to be exspensive.