Friday, July 31, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the lovely world of motherhood! As most of you know on Fridays we take time to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Zaneta Nikita Adell, affectionately known as Nikita. She currently resides in Lithia Springs, Georgia. Nikita is truly a blessing to the kingdom of God. I have watched her serve in our church for many years, dedicating her life to the service of the Lord.

During our interview Nikita explained that she gained a personal relationship with the God at the age of 13. She said, “I actually grew up in church all my life, however, I really fell in love with Jesus at the age of 13. That was a time when all that could go wrong did, and he was the only one, who I could count on. She went on to talk about how this made her relationship with God much stronger.

When I asked Nikita what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her, she shared, “Being a mom period means the world to me, however, being a Saved M.O.M. gives my son a great example that God has placed in his life. Nikita went on to say, “When I was a child, I always knew that one day, I would be a mom and a great one. I feel like because I'm saved, I can show my son what it means to be a Godly woman who walks in character and integrity; a mom who can be a great example to him on how to treat a woman and always have respect for her.” She is a firm believer that having a relationship with God allows her to have great compassion, patience and understanding. She proclaimed, “God has blessed me with a precious gift of being a mother, and for that what more could I ask!” Her favorite scripture is Psalm 34:9. She explained, “When I fear God and totally trust him, he said that he would supply all my needs and wants. That means I can rest and depend on him to give me what I need through my obedience.”

Nikita wanted to take a moment to share these words with all mothers… “If I could give any advice to a mom, I would tell her to always put God first in all you do and set a trend for your children by living a Godly life. What they do and how they act in life starts in the home. Let's create a Godly generation, by setting a great example.”

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).


Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: