Monday, July 6, 2009

Start It Up

Happy Monday to all of the blessed and beautiful Saved M.O.M.’s out there. I hope that all of you had great weekends filled with fun and bar-b-que, I know I did! Patiently sitting and looking at the blank computer screen this morning, I asked God to speak through me. When I turned my head, I saw in plain view, written on a DVD case, “Start It Up!”

It’s so often that we sit by and wait for things to happen in our lives instead of going out there and making things happen. What are we really waiting for? I have even been guilty of not making the moves that I wanted to make for lack of direction, fear, or plain out procrastination. When I sit back and think about this hesitation, I realize that sometimes we are just postponing our next level of blessings or breakthrough. For those of us that have allowed fear to come in and keep us from going to that next level, we must be reminded of God’s word concerning fear. The Good Book states, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7). Just think about it for a moment, fear is the opposite of faith. As believers how can we say that we have faith, but then allow fear to hold us back or keep us bound?

This is an issue that I have struggled with for quite sometime. There are moments when the enemy comes in and places fearful thoughts in my mind to throw me off course. In those moments, I simply remind myself of 2 Timothy 1:7. As parents, we witness moments in which our children are fearful, but we must remind them too that the Lord has not given them the spirit of fear. We have to teach them to rebuke fear as soon as it comes their way. We are raising a generation of warriors, but how can they win this battle if they are living in fear?

Back to the other issue at hand… please don’t hesitate any longer. It’s time to “Start It Up!” The Lord may have given you a witty idea or invention. Don’t be afraid and don’t procrastinate anymore. Step out on faith and ask the Lord to guide your steps. When I started Saved M.O.M. I didn’t know what God had in store for it, but I knew that he told me to do it. Let’s continue to hearken unto the voice of the Lord and move into our next level of prosperity and breakthrough!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

MOMSWEB said...

Oh my goodness...fear is definitely the enemy's tool to keep us from God's blessings. I have to remember to face my fears daily. Thanks for the reminder!